The 2023 application is closed. Your next opportunity to apply will be announced soon!
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
HEAL mini-grants can be used as seed money to start a project, move an existing project along or complete an existing project. Wholespire staff will support grantees and help them execute projects, troubleshoot issues and connect with other local community health initiatives. Grant proposals should comply with the following criteria to be considered for funding:
- Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Any municipality, coalition or school is also eligible to apply. If the interested applicant is not a 501(c)(3), they can use a fiscal agent that does qualify.
- All grant proposals MUST be related to healthy eating and/or active living AND implement, promote or support a PSE change.
- The project ideas must be ready to be implemented and completed within 9 months of receiving funding.
- An application that clearly outlines how the project will address health equity in your community is recommended.
Examples of projects that may be funded through this initiative:
- Improvements for schools’ outdoor activity spaces, such as water bottle refill stations, playground improvements
- Support active communities with bike racks and/or crosswalks
- Establishment or promotion of SNAP/Healthy Bucks at a farmers’ market
- Support of a local HYPE team project that will implement a PSE project
- Support community trails by adding signage, benches, trash cans
- Add interest to existing trails by adding extra features like a Story Walk or Born Learning Trail
- Establish or expand a community garden
More examples of past mini-grant projects can be found here.
Alternative Application for Individuals with a Disability or Limited Access
You may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to apply for a mini-grant. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Kelsey Sanders at email@example.com.
May 19, 2023
July 10, 2023
Week of August 7, 2023
September 15, 2023
May 30, 2024
Grant period ends
July 1, 2024
Final reports due